- The following speakers are confirmed:
- Pengfei Guan (McGill University)
- Title:Regularity estimates for scalar curvature equations.
We discuss regularity estimates for hypersurfaces satisfying scalar curvature equations. The main concern
is the type of equations arising from the prescribing curvature problem and from the isometric embedding
problem. We will present some recent results on the global and interior $C^2$ estimates for solutions of these
- Fernando Codá Marques (Princeton University)
- Title: The space of cycles, a Weyl's law and Morse index estimates.
We will discuss a proof of a Weyl's law conjectured by
Gromov (joint work with Liokumovich and Neves) in which the eigenvalues of the Laplacian are replaced by the areas of minimal hypersurfaces constructed by minimax methods. We
will also discuss current work with Neves about Morse index bounds in the min-max theory of minimal surfaces and the problem of multiplicity.
- Lu Wang (University of Wisconsin-Madison)
- Title:Asymptotic structure of self-shrinkers.
Self-shrinkers are singularity models for mean curvature flow. In this talk, I will show that each end of a noncompact self-shrinker in R^3 of finite topology must be smoothly asymptotic at infinity to a regular cone or a round cylinder.